Thursday, June 30, 2011

The one that got away - Apple Vinegar Kit Kat

A long long time ago, in a place I sometimes work at, there was a tuck shop. Snacks could be bought for a 100yen each, it was our 100円shop.

For a very long time, this specimen sat on the counter, untouched, unloved.

Unlike the Wasabi Kit Kat, which was A. given to me and B. so weird I had to try it, this just looked, well, rank.

Vinegar?? eurgh. I like it on chips but apart from that, the smell on it's own, i.e. not on chips and mixed with salt, makes me gag.

I didn't even know what Apple Vinegar was, all I knew was, this Kit Kat had a VINEGAR element to it. I would sneer at it as I bought a normal Kit Kat or possibly some Pretz.

So I never got it. It sat there for weeks maybe months. Probably went past it's sell by date. Then I had a Wasabi Kit Kat and I remembered this. 'tch, I should have tried that', I thought to myself. Infact, as I type this I'm getting flash backs of trying a pineapple Kit Kat (I think). Never documented it though.

Anyway, I think I have since tried the actual drink this is based on. It's a not unpleasant juice type drink with a slightly unpleasant undercurrent of vinegar. Also, it looks like vinegar. Then again so does apple juice. And pee.

So, I can't tell you what this actual Kit Kat tastes like. We can only wonder, about what might have been......

(unless 7/11 comes up trumps)

No comments: