Monday, December 19, 2005

Snowing it's arse off


What is the polite term for heavy snowfall? (apart from heavy snowfall) Chucking it down? Come down in (light) buckets? Whateveeeeeeer, it snowed on saturday night. And it really snowed. I get a whole facefull of snow every New Year when I visit the country but snow like this in the city is pretty unusual (he says with all of 3 years of experience). WC spent the evening at a very nice restaurant in Nagarekawa for the Cross Nihongo school (which I don't mind saying is the BEST language school WC has ever attended) bonenkai. I can't remember the name and I can't make it out in the picture cos of the snow hugging the letters. Something like Ji Ji An. Done up like an old style house, we enjoyed lots of nice oden, soba and some tofu stuff amongst other things. Very pleasant indeed. As we were eating the snow started to fall. Nagarekawa isn't famed for its beauty but with nice places like Cafe Spice opposite it really did start to look lovely. Bit of a slow walk home though.

Oh and I wonder if the Rev Awdry ever imagined that his gentle stories of railway folk would one day be printed on seaweed for young kids to wrap their onigiri in? Luddite.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Looking forward to some snow and soba.
Were you pissed when you took those pics mate? Bluuuured :)

windcheater said...

That was a vicious rumour.

Started by me.