Monday, December 12, 2005

and relax....

Life has been well hectic of late. Saturday was the GetHiroshima/Koba bonenkai which GHB and myself did a bit of DJing at. I say a bit, GHB had to man the fort for a lot of the night, and even when I was there I wasn't really. Infact I remember very little of the night at all, not because of the drink for once but something else that has been on my mind and consumed my life for the last month or so.....my workplace's Happyokai....
Yep I've been losing sleep over worrying about forgetting to bring a whistle on the day or not having time to make a pair of cardboard decks. In the end I only fucked up once, and hey, it made the kids look stupid not me, so that's fine.
It also represented Windcheater's first outing on the stage. I haven't turned my hand to musicals (yet) but along with SH and the help of the children www.hiphopenglish.com finally saw the light of day. Well, the website is yet to make that leap but we did have 3 songs performed by our little homies and, bless their little cotton socks, they were great. The show finished at about 5 but it was only at about 9 o'clock later on in the evening after many drinks that I felt the weight lift from my shoulders. Now I'm just hungover.
I do remember one thing from Saturday night though and that's that Hifana are coming to Hiroshima on January the 8th. I'm so chuffed about this, can't wait. The Spins, who have featured on this blog a couple of times will be supporting at 4.14. It should be superb. If you're in the vicinity and you don't go, you're a bit thick.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hello, Can you get Hifano to play when we're there :(
Surely there must be a picture of a hiphop Alex?

Not long now :)

Can you email me your address, home tel and mobile,

Andy :)

windcheater said...

well, unfortunately for you JAMIE, Vietnamese government officials read my blog regularly.

back on that scaffolding...