Sunday, October 16, 2005

Lotus



Lotus was very pleasant last night. It's amazing what a difference a good sound system can do for your music. On a personal tip, many thanks to my friend Messyman for mastering some of my tunes. Last night was the first time I've heard them on speakers that don't belong to me and, mixed in amongst other tracks, for once I wasn't cringing over the sound quality. Just the music quality. Hoho. AKA Kelv, I met Messyman when we both lived in Madrid. It was the first time either of us had met a 'real' person through the internet which was the inspiration for many a joke. We got in touch through the former incarnation of Mp3.com and incredibly, out of the hundreds of thousands of people from all over the globe making appalling music on there, there was this one guy who made shit hot music.....and lived a minute's walk from my front door. Unfotunately Kelv's a bit quiet on the music front these days. Fortunately he is very active with his camera. Go and get one of his prints, his photos are awesome.

Back to Lotus, hopefully we can make it a monthly night. Last night me and GHB did seperate sets. The new Ableton 5 seems to be just a bit too much for my little old laptop to handle. A lot of clipping and distortion which was a shame. Still, I can always go back to 4 which was always solid as a rock. No more automatic beat warping though :sob:

That was interesting wasn't it? :geek:

STUNNING day here in Hiroshima today. God I love autumn. Went for a wander round the Food festival today which was nice although I couldn't be arsed to queue up for something on a stick despite really wanting Okonomiyaki on some hashi. Did see some great Taiko though which I always enjoy.

Tomorrow I'm going to @nima mainly to check out some of friend and WC designer Jun*t's VJing. Check out Green Youth Society's homepage for some of his work and also the newly opened blog as Jun prepares for his world trip next year. It's all in Japanese but even if you don't understand it, it's worth a visit for the graphics/art.

No comments: