Monday, October 10, 2005

DJ Hype



Yet another holiday weekend here. Not sure my insides can take much more of them. Twas a goody though as Bass Instinct brought in yet another massive name from the world that is drum and bass , DJ Hype. At least then there was someone older than me in Chinatown. Infact, after reading a couple of Hype's biogs its very possible that the last time I saw him play was at The Rocket in London. About 14 years ago. :depressed:

Anyway, last night was excellent. I'm not one for D 'n' B all night long but had a wicked time. A good crowd who were up for it and I managed to refuse the offer of a free Tequilla which could have made the night so very different. It was nice to see Hype dancing after his set too. He obviously just loves the music.

We were also lucky to bump into and secure the services of Asuka for our 12th Nov (now confirmed) date at Edge. One of Hiroshima's legion of female DJs, Asuka is possibly one of the best DJs in town. I shouldn't really have to highlight her sex but then again, in a decade of clubbing and being generally 'into' music back in the UK, I don't remember meeting even one female DJ. In Hiroshima I've met atleast 5. All playing different styles but with one common factor, they're all shit hot. Far less talk and a lot more action.

There are some photos from the night HERE

No comments: