Sunday, May 11, 2008

ah pareee


I've just watched the wonderful (going all language student on you there) movie (when did I stop saying film?) Amelie. It's been sitting in my drawer for over a year and I was in fact downloading Spiderman 3 when I remembered I had it, right here, to watch, right now, on DVD. Sake. Although I'm sure I will enjoy Spiderman too but, I am a man of many, er, what's the word?
Whatever. Really, really, lovely stuff. Loved it. Although it did make me feel very depressed at one point. Apart from it's cinematic qualities it was all so, well, French. What an accent. WHAT. AN. ACCENT! To think, I was also downloading 'This is England' and could have been listening to English skin heads (better music though probably).
And Paris. It really does do exactly what it says on the tin, and that's, be Paris. Yeah, hordes of tourists and miserable (Les Miserable?? Sorry.) shop assistants, but it's so beautiful. You might avoid the dog shit if you weren't looking around you all the while. And you'll shrug off that 4th slippy step of the day with a gallic shrug and a booooffff so what the heck?
Beautiful beautiful city. It gets a WCBlog 'Thumbs Up!'.
Who needs Michelin stars?

No comments: