Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Clicking irritants

Grrrr, first Microsoft decides there's no need for a delete icon in explorer anymore (whose idea was that?) and then the Guardian go and get rid of the Football link on it's front page. Apparently there are other sports I now have to navigate my way through. Ug. Life, my friends, is tough.

Anyway, the days are getting warmer, the light lasting longer, the blossoms are a-sprouting, my snot runneth ceaselessly and as of this week my eyes are definitely starting to itch. Yep Spring is coming and so is the pollen. I have never been much of an allergy sufferer until 3 years ago and I learnt one of my most used phrases かふんしょうです. Bloody hell, it's a nightmare. Last year I would wake up with my eyes stuck together. Ironically this was the nicest part of the day as they wouldn't itch then. So, I would lay in bed, for 10 minutes or so, with them safely sealed from all the goo they'd oozed. Mmmmm goo.

Anyway, I eventually got my pathetic arse down to a Doctor and he gave me some medicine and er, it got better. But it's back! Luckily this year, remembering the horrors of last, I went back to the good doc and got the same medicine over a month ago (I had a cold I thought it had started). It's been sitting on my kitchen table ever since and I think I might just crack it open tomorrow.

Which leads me in a wonderfully vague way to encourage anyone suffering in silence to get yourself to a doctor. Doesn't matter if you don't speak Japanese. Just sniffle and say Kafunshou desu. The one I went to is called something like the Hiroshima Respiratory and Alergy clinic and is behind Hiroshima Eki (Shinkansen side). Cross at the lights and go straight and take the first or second right. Then look out on the right hand side, about 5 floors up for some kind of clinic. How's THAT for 'sketchy'.

Bless you

No comments: