Saturday, January 05, 2008

Rats!


2008, the year of the rat. My year. I'm a rat. The Stranglers album on the left is one of my favourite ever albums, Rattus Norvegicus. Nice link (not the hyperlink). 2007 won't be going down as WC's best so hopefully 2008 will be better and I'm being PROACTIVE! Starting with this blog, so, Hisashiburi.

I'm sat in my parent's home much as I was this time last year. Some things have changed though, we've been playing PES 7 this year. Also I seem to have a mild version of my old friend the Noro Virus. It's all the rage in the UK right now.




I did get to go via Bangkok this year though which was a lot of fun. Very hot, very crowded, lovely food, and all sorts of stuff to look at and be entertained by. 5 days seemed too short in the end and I soon forgot any plans to go on a trip somewhere although it now would be nice to see a calmer side of Thailand.

I have at least now, spent some time in another Asian country other than Japan and a couple of days in Korea.




And I traveled north, to see chums in Newcastle. That was nice as we toured Britains majestic countryside in a VW Polo. I'm not even being that sarcastic. The countryside is amazing. We went to the Lakes, Hadrian's Wall, Scotland, Holy Island and er, Bigg Market.

If you've ever read Viz and not been to Newcastle, you'll be pleased to hear the stereotypes are far from made up. Biffa Bacon, The Fat slags, I saw them all on a brief walk through town on a Friday night. That said, away from your herds of binge drinking pleasure seekers the people were very friendly, a far cry from the miserable bastards round here.

And so, tomorrow night I fly back to Japan to start 2008. Will the rat bring me luck?

Musically I should be off to a good start with one of my tracks featuring in a documentary about street life and hip hop culture in New York (word) and GHB and myself will be at Seacake Style on the 12th of Jan. We had a couple of great parties at Lotus towards the end of the year....look out for a few more of them.

Happy New Year

2 comments:

Andy said...

Happy New Year Fatso!!!
Tried to phone you a couple of times in England with no luck, maybe you were vomiting?
Am too back into music, got some great Vst synths and am off to buy an Ozzie keyboard tomorrow :)
Will be in touch..
Andy :)

windcheater said...

Did you? Got the right number? Not that I'm there anymore.

Happy New Year you big TWAT

OOh the return of Chem7. Thank fuck, I thought I had completely lost you to the freakish world of OUTDOOR PURSUITS. Very odd.