Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Time for a diet


Back and brrr it's cold, but what's that he says blinking in the glare....blue......sky? sun......shine? It was pretty damn grey back in the UK. Beautiful the day I left though.

From my last post on the trip I continued in a familiar vein of eating (mostly cheese), drinking, playing with niece, punctuated with the odd trip to Brighton and London. New Year was spent down on the coast at Bust the box which was excellent. An eclectic mix of music with a lot of drum and bass (old skool) and a fantastic chunk of old skool (old skool) for old gits such as me. It was also hilarious watching the men folk desparately search for their new year's 'mate'. After things wound up there we went to a party at Cakeboy's Brighton abode. Saw a lot of people I hadn't for a while and wound up the night infront of Trisha opened mouthed at the complete turds pretending to be human beings on it. Certainly made me feel better about myself.

Which leads me on neatly to Telly. Good god! Us Brits have a kind of fond nostalgia of TV at xmas time, all that great telly! Infact in general I think we like to think our TV is a cut above the rest. There are the gems ofcourse, I already mentioned Peep Show, but just turn on at any time and behold, the festival of shite that pours forth from the screen. Being away, I have thankfully avoided all the celebrity reality shows but the fact that I am aware of a lot of their names kind of lets you know how big they are. Over Xmas I came across all kinds of celebrity nonsense (mastermind, 15 to 1...) worst of all, in that it seemed the most popular; Celebrity come dancing. I think this was on prime time on xmas day. Jesus, Jesus would be spinning in his tomb. Or at the right hand side of god, depending on your viewpoint. Thank Christ Only Fools and Horses wasn't wheeled out, although a Dr Who special was one of the BBC's big players this year on the 25th. Eh? What year is it? Suppose it doesn't matter to the Dr.

So anyway, it's 2007. Hope you all have a good one. I'm going to try and get back into producing some tracks.....might just watch a bit of telly first though....

AARRGH!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hello fatso.
Even though I was on a beach in the South Pacific, I'm still jealous of your exploits down the Box New Years Eve :)
As you are leaving, so I am arriving back in Blighty in all my majesty and am looking forward to hearing some new tunes from you, I myself am overflowing with musical creativity and cannot wait to get to my computer :)
Nice.

Andy :)