Monday, January 09, 2006

Futsukayoi no ato de

As you might have guessed from my post last night (this morning) I had quite a good time yesterday. It's a night I won't be forgetting in a long time and one that left me slightly drunkenly incoherent. I haven't danced that much in years either. A natural high I think it's called. I cycled home (very slowly) at about 5ish via Peace Park where I took some stunningly bad photos of the A-bomb dome looking like some kind of demented early bird tourist. I wonder what the good folk at the Udon-ya think of us too, turning up every couple of weeks and taking photos of each other. Back at home the obvious thing to do is to have another drink, watch a bit more Hifana, and then your favourite bits from Spirited Away, drunkenly cry at them and then go to bed. Ah! A life of tortured artistry. Oh well, all good clean fun.

Back to the gig; The Spins kicked things off and were, as always excellent. Bom plays bass aswell. He seems to pick up a new skill monthly. A bit of DJing followed (a tad too hard maybe for that time of the night? my only slight niggle) and then the stage was Tucker's. If you've never heard of Tucker, perhaps if you imagine a (nutty) teenage boy in his bedroom, picking up (and setting fire to) whatever instrument comes to hand and playing along to some of his parents old records, you might get some kind of idea of what his live show is like. And if you want to get some audience participation going, why not write down the word you want the crowd to shout out. On the bottom of your organ. That you are playing. Just lift it up, no worries.
Normally an act like that would be hard to follow, but Hifana are more than a match. I struggle to find words to express just how good they are at what they do. And does anyone else do what they do? Electronic percussionists? Turntablists? Breakbeat unit? Musicians? Talented bastards. I'm amazed they aren't massive in Europe yet. When they are discovered I'm sure they will be. With the fantastic visuals of Gec and a lot of humour thrown in for good measure too, they left WC a very happy bunny indeed. 4.14 was rammed and from the snatches I remember of the drunken conversations I had last night, I think a lot of people left feeling the same way as me. Keizo Machine and Juicy I salute you. Many many thanks to Niteowl for bringing them to town. I'll try and write a sensible review of the night for GH very soon. They'll publish anything ;)

For now though, why not enjoy a ramble through WC's wobbly night through the medium of photos.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Looked really good mate, nice pics to.

windcheater said...

alright ma....nah I don't think enough people have seen Nathan Barley in Hiroshima for that one.

Hifana are great but annoyingly there is very little of what they do on the net.

GetHiroshima will have this little vid of the event up very soon :

http://littleforeigner.blip.tv/file/9155

and you can see a little of them on this link
http://www.spaceshowertv.com/windowsmedia/ZAMURAITV.asx

they are awesome :)

windcheater said...

innit