Monday, November 14, 2005

3k


Thanks to everyone who came down to Edge last night for 3K. It was the most satisying night of 'being a DJ' I've had so far. The place was pretty full, and there were people on the dance floor for most of the night. Another shout out to Messyman from me for his mastering work. Played Dune last night and although it's about 2 years old now, hearing it out that loud was kind of spine tingling....the bass sounded amazing. Enough self regarding though. Daisuke played a funky hip hop opening two hours that kept my head nodding.....even out watching the door. Abu then warmed up the crowd very nicely until he quite literaly ran out of records. Apart from bringing his DJ skills he also brought in a lot of friends/fans who really helped to make the atmosphere on the dance floor. GHB and myself were up next, and apart from a 'metronome' moment things went pretty smoothly. GHB mixed very fluidly and depsite a lull in the middle at the end people were up dancing again. I enjoyed punching the sample pads on my Kaosspad, so much so that I ended up wanting more than two and even went to see how much Akai's MPC costs today. After us came Asuka who really is brilliant. I had no idea she played hip hop too...I should have guessed really from her singing along to Witness.
A fair few people were there and I can't wait for the next one. Can I also recommend to anyone out and about in Nagarekawa after 5 in the morning to visit the 24 hour Udon shop at the end near Chuo Douri. It only costs 350 yen for a bowl of Udon that I SWEAR has saved me from some of the worst hangovers I could have experienced. Oh, and one more big thanks to SH for manning the door while we were on. He's currently in bed with the flu.....can't think why he might have caught that :sorry:
A few photos from the night

2 comments:

windcheater said...

lol, as they say. I will endeavour to provide on the pictures front Jamie my dear. Anyway, glad all the relevant searches are pointing towards here...

windcheater said...

I didn't get that joke the first time I read it.

10 minutes later I'm reading it again and laughing, quite literally, like a drain.

I'm a clever man.